Detroit Auto Show: Volkswagen Passat CC four door coupe unveiled

Volkswan Passat CC


Honestly, I never believed I will like this car and I was expecting this car to see what Volkswagen will come up with. And my expectations were confirmed: I don’t like it at all. First of all, I don’t get it, why would Volkswagen try to come up with something similar to the Mercedes Benz CLS? And second…it’s ugly. I mean, the front is pretty cool, but what’s with that rear?


Anyways, for those of you which like it, you should know that the car will be available with several engines, starting with a 160 hp 1.8-litre TSI unit, while the top of the line is a 3.6-litre V6 FSI model producing 300 hp. A premiere is that the Passat CC will feature Volkswagen’s new lane hold assist system (if the vehicle appears to be inadvertently leave the lane, the assistance system provides corrective steer control).


‘The core markets are North America, Western Europe and Japan. The Passat CC, built in the German Volkswagen plant in Emden, will initially be launched in the second quarter of the year in Europe and then from the fourth quarter in the USA and Canada and later Japan.


See more photos after the jump.

(more…)





(Via Auto Unleashed.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment